Wednesday, September 23, 2009

El Fogon - Miramar

During the week, out of sheer exhaustion and not having an iota of desire to even think about cooking, I decided to go El Fogon, located in Miramar Parkway (2930 SW 160 Ave, Miramar FL) in the Home Depot Shopping center. This is a family owned Peruvian Restaurant whose specialty is Pollos a la Brasa or Rotisserie Chicken but Peruvian style. Different herbs and spices = delish flavor!

Now, my family likes this restaurant, I really think that it is mainly because of convenience since they are the closest Pollo a la Brasa restaurant to our house. Don’t get me wrong, I like it too, I’ve just had better. But better = further and on a weekday, this is just simply impossible sometimes.

The service is friendly, but not the fastest, so if you want to get in and out, call and place your order ahead. They even had an advertised special that stated that you get some % off your meal if you order on line, so problem solved for you impatient types.

I placed my order, waited around a bit and was able to get out. Now, for all you newbies to this kind of food, the sauces that are available are definitely part of the meal experience. They have a green, red and white sauce, try them all. I would describe and/or name them, but they are available on all the tables so there’s no need to. My favorite is the white one, it’s a mayo based sauce that goes very well, with the salad, and the chicken, and the fries and … well, you get the point.

This time though, I thought the chicken was salty, and, as my husband would quickly point out, that is a tough task, since I love salt. The salad was ok, nothing extraordinary can be expected from onions, lettuce and tomatoes, but the freshness goes well with the chicken so it’s a plus. The fries were also good, golden and hot, but there is very little you can do to mess up fries right?

All in all it got me out of thinking “what’s for lunch/dinner” , but it was not an impressive "OMG I want to go back and eat there tomorrow", or next week … or even next month for that matter. I guess we’ll be back when, once again, I lack the desire to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment