Friday, September 18, 2009

Graziano's Meat Market

Ok, so we are in the process of moving back home. Fun Times. Crazy times. But I’m not complaining, I am glad to be back, even if means I have to live in a house full of boxes and clutter… not complaining, not complaini… oh who am I kidding, I AM complaining! I want to get my house back in working order, PRONTO!

But, this is not a home remodeling blog, so back to what really matters… FOOD!
This is not a restaurant, (although there is one next door ran by the same establishment, but we didn’t visit it) so this review will be short and different (just like me!). We were invited over for a BBQ at a dear friends house, where they bought the meats and other yummy treats from a Argentinean butcher shop, Grazianos. I’ve been in this store/shop before, but it had been a while since I had gone back, and I don’t really ever recall specifically buying meat there, so when we hosted our Labor Day BBQ we decided to get our grilling items here.

Graziano’s is located on 5993 W 16th Ave in Hialeah, tucked in a corner in an old shopping center.

The market is not big, but it is stocked with items from many countries from South America. Being an Argentinean market, they make pretty good empanadas. Not the best I’ve had, but good enough to satisfy a craving. But the topic here is meat, so let’s get back to the cow.
The husband was actually on meat purchasing duty, again the whole male-food-gatherer role from the cave years rears its head. But I gotta give it to the Hubby, he is exceptionally good with a grill and he knows about meat like nobody’s business. So I am confident to send him to this meat Mecca to make the final choices.

Their meats are very good, I don’t think it’s the meat as much as it is their cuts of meat, which are different than say Publix or Winn Dixie. But it is their other items that I personally love! Next time you are out grilling, try some Sweetbread on the grill, it goes by “Molleja” to Argentineans (an I believe to all Spanish speaking people) it’s delish! It has a chicken-y taste, but the texture is so soft, truly a treat! Don’t be scared by the looks of it, the flavor will more than make up for this! It takes a while to grill, I would say almost the same time, if not a bit more than a bone in chicken thigh. Then, you must try the blood sausage, I know, I know…BLOOD sausage??? Yes, I said blood. The red stuff that circulates the veins of the delicious cow you probably savored last night. If the animal is dead, might as well make the most of it right?? Yeah, don’t get all PETA on me now…

This sausage is almost black in color, and goes by the name of Morcilla or Relleno. Again, a slow cooker, but the taste is like an explosion of flavor in your tongue.
All in all, Graziano’s is a great place to get some grilling items for your next BBQ, plus the butchers know so much about meat, that they will make you look like a pro, even if it is your first time firing up a grill.

I’m happy to say that I will continue to shop there for specialty items and even happier to know that the Hubby’s culinary dreams are lived in our backyard! Truly, the best BBQs I’ve eaten have been at the hands of my hubby…I know, I know sappy…but I gotta make sure my chef is happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment